Sunday 7 September 2014

Schooldaze

When I was young I was sent to boarding school near the coast for medical reasons. There was a character used to visit on occasion called Dr Whitehead. I don’t remember much about him or why he was interested in me, but he looked a bit like Neville Chamberlain, and smoked a pipe.

I don’t remember how many times I met him but I do remember him one day taking me out in his car and letting me drive it, or attempt to, on some waste ground. I was about 9 years old at the time, this was around 1965.

Nowadays of course an old guy taking a kid for a ride would be Jimmy Savile time, but life was so much simpler then.

He gave me a few records and if I recall a wind-up gramophone, though if he did I can’t recall how I took it home 80 odd miles on the coach at end of term time. Maybe I’m getting this all mixed up, but I do remember the song Once Aboard The Lugger and playing it over and over again. Sadly, the good memories of my boyhood are far outweighed by the bad, but at least I have memories, unlike the Sandy Hook victims.

I was contacted recently by a bloke who said Surrey Police were in the process of framing him for the Dowler murder until he produced a rock solid alibi; he became a suspect because he frequented the woods where her body was found. That much I believe, but when he told me told me that Levi Bellfield was one of a number of psychopaths used by the police to murder people in order to frame others - including Michael Stone - so that they could twist the law to require no corroboration in court, I kind of lost interest. And when he said the Sandy Hook massacre was mind control, I said good night, thanks for phoning but don’t call back. He sent me a follow up e-mail accusing me of being a government shill. That was the second time that week. The first time was in connection with my 9/11 articles by a bloke who programmes computers, composes music and obviously has a higher education. If it weren’t all so tragic, I’d laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment